Mercury 20 Gallery
May 24, 2019 at 11:02 am #11720Kimberly KradelKeymaster
CALL FOR NEW MEMBERS!
Mercury 20 Gallery in Oakland is currently accepting applications from visual artists interested in being part of our community. Founded in 2006, Mercury 20 is an artist-established and operated gallery. Mercury 20 exhibits high quality, innovative artwork from emerging and mid-career artists.
THE BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
1. Members have the opportunity to show their work in the downtown Oakland arts district and to participate in the Oakland Art Murmur, a well-attended and publicized event held on the first Friday of each month.
2. By participating in all aspects of running the gallery, members gain an increased level of professional development based on their own interests and motivation. Members initiate and/or choose the gallery projects they wish to explore including planning and participating in exhibitions, maintaining the gallery, hanging shows, publicity and promotions, etc.
3. Members will be part of a vibrant, supportive community of artists in the East Bay.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF MEMBERSHIP
1. Members are asked to make a minimum one year commitment.
2. Pay monthly dues with all money going toward rent, supplies and operating costs.
3. Gallery-sit each month.
4. Attend first Friday openings if possible.
5. Attend a group meeting which meets once a month. At this meeting, we discuss issues, concerns, projects and make decisions by a consensus process.
6. Members are encouraged to bring new ideas, develop existing plans, and inspire the direction Mercury 20 takes. Members are expected to be active on committees as needed.
For more information about Mercury 20 Gallery please visit our website at http://www.mercurytwenty.com.
Mercury 20 seeks innovative, self-directed members who will be active in gallery operations, events and projects. If you are interested in being considered for membership, please email us an application including:
— 6 images of recent work (Website link or jpegs)
— List of images with title, size, medium and year
— Letter of interest with contact info. If you have experience as a curator, with exhibitions, art writing, carpentry, grant writing, etc. please give details.
Email application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 2006, Mercury 20 is a contemporary art gallery established, supported and operated by Bay Area artists. Mercury 20 maintains a venue for artists to exhibit, develop, and advance their work and is committed to exhibiting art of diverse media and content. Exhibitions rotate every six weeks, and the gallery presents a well-attended opening event every first Friday in conjunction with the Oakland Art Murmur.
ARTISTS REPRESENTED: JULIE ALVARADO, JO ANN BIAGINI, ERIC BOHR, NICK DONG, CARLO FANTIN, P.K. FRIZZELL, ANDREW MIGUEL FULLER, PETER HONIG, KATHLEEN KING, CHRIS KOMATER, SARA LISCH, JILL MCLENNAN, CHARLIE MILGRIM, JOHANNA POETHIG, MARY CURTIS RATCLIFF, FERNANDO REYES, K.C. ROSENBERG, ELIZABETH SHER, JULIANNE STERLING, RUTH TABANCAY, KERRY VANDER MEER.
Publisher of ARTIST-AT-LARGE
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)