Mercury 20 Gallery
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 years, 4 months ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
CALL FOR NEW MEMBERS!
Mercury 20 Gallery in Oakland is currently accepting applications from visual artists interested in being part of our community. Founded in 2006, Mercury 20 is an artist-established and operated gallery. Mercury 20 exhibits high quality, innovative artwork from emerging and mid-career artists.
THE BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
1. Members have the opportunity to show their work in the downtown Oakland arts district and to participate in the Oakland Art Murmur, a well-attended and publicized event held on the first Friday of each month.
2. By participating in all aspects of running the gallery, members gain an increased level of professional development based on their own interests and motivation. Members initiate and/or choose the gallery projects they wish to explore including planning and participating in exhibitions, maintaining the gallery, hanging shows, publicity and promotions, etc.
3. Members will be part of a vibrant, supportive community of artists in the East Bay.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF MEMBERSHIP
1. Members are asked to make a minimum one year commitment.
2. Pay monthly dues with all money going toward rent, supplies and operating costs.
3. Gallery-sit each month.
4. Attend first Friday openings if possible.
5. Attend a group meeting which meets once a month. At this meeting, we discuss issues, concerns, projects and make decisions by a consensus process.
6. Members are encouraged to bring new ideas, develop existing plans, and inspire the direction Mercury 20 takes. Members are expected to be active on committees as needed.
For more information about Mercury 20 Gallery please visit our website at http://www.mercurytwenty.com.
Mercury 20 seeks innovative, self-directed members who will be active in gallery operations, events and projects. If you are interested in being considered for membership, please email us an application including:
— 6 images of recent work (Website link or jpegs)
— List of images with title, size, medium and year
— Letter of interest with contact info. If you have experience as a curator, with exhibitions, art writing, carpentry, grant writing, etc. please give details.
Email application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 2006, Mercury 20 is a contemporary art gallery established, supported and operated by Bay Area artists. Mercury 20 maintains a venue for artists to exhibit, develop, and advance their work and is committed to exhibiting art of diverse media and content. Exhibitions rotate every six weeks, and the gallery presents a well-attended opening event every first Friday in conjunction with the Oakland Art Murmur.
ARTISTS REPRESENTED: JULIE ALVARADO, JO ANN BIAGINI, ERIC BOHR, NICK DONG, CARLO FANTIN, P.K. FRIZZELL, ANDREW MIGUEL FULLER, PETER HONIG, KATHLEEN KING, CHRIS KOMATER, SARA LISCH, JILL MCLENNAN, CHARLIE MILGRIM, JOHANNA POETHIG, MARY CURTIS RATCLIFF, FERNANDO REYES, K.C. ROSENBERG, ELIZABETH SHER, JULIANNE STERLING, RUTH TABANCAY, KERRY VANDER MEER.
Publisher of ARTIST-AT-LARGE
Switzerland is a small, steep country, much more up and down than sideways, and is all stuck over with large brown hotels built on the cuckoo clock style of architecture. -- Ernest Hemingway
These links will open in a new window. Enjoy!
Google Arts & Culture: Explore museums from around the world, discover and view hundreds of artworks at incredible zoom levels, and even create and share your own collection of masterpieces.
View The Sistine Chapel online as if you were actually there - alone with no other people to disturb your view! Use your mouse by holding down the right click and mousing through the room.
Get your groove on and explore radio stations around the world with Radio Garden.
Support ARTIST-AT-LARGE by purchasing the site’s cultural and travel images for your next project or blog post on IMAGES@ARTIST-AT-LARGE.
We have moved our attention over to IMAGES.ARTIST-AT-LARGE.COM and will no longer be updating this site. Enjoy the stories and information here, left up for your perusal, and and consider joining us over there!